Sunday 10 July 2011

Ideas for Magazine cover

For the genre of my magazine I have chosen music. I will be focusing on experimental and Indie music as I believe these two genres will give an interesting feel to the magazine.
My target audience would have to be the young generation, so 15-24 year olds. I chose this age group as my target audience as I believe this age group are most likely to be interested in these types of music.
My Masthead for my magazine would be “Blare”. I think this gives a loud feeling to the magazine, as in blaring out music it is also a bold interesting and simple word that is quite original to be put as a masthead for a magazine.
Content for my magazine that will be advertised will include things such as stories that have happened to bands.
For my main image I would have an image of a band that fits into the genre category of the magazine such as; Passion pit or the black keys. These are also bands that people may not have heard of so it will make them want to read and know more about them if they are on the front cover of a magazine.
For my magazine I will use a mixture of slang but also mature language so that the magazine doesn’t seem less intelligent with all of the slang but by using mature language it enables the magazine to put separated from most other music magazines. Also by using slang it will also appeal to young people as they can relate and find what is said in the magazine to be interesting also understandable.
Everything will be quite bold so that it stands out and catches people’s eyes. Colours will be mostly mellow colours such as; yellow, white, brown, pink, green with the occasional black to make it stand out. By using these colours it doesn’t make the cover seem too confusing. For my magazine cover there won’t be much to the layout as I don’t want it to look too confusing, some slight overlapping of picture and text, words maybe slanted and also some things placed randomly. The font used for most of my text will be a font called “Elephant” as I feel it is bold but not to in your face and confusing.
I will include many different pictures and text however I feel that the picture to text ratio should be as balanced as possibly so that people who prefer pictures will have enough and people that enjoy reading text also have enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment